How to Apply
THE ONLINE APPLICATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
- Apply to a graduate program.
- Review the Available Positions - these will be updated by August 2016.
- Your first step will be to create an account and log into the eRezLife system. You may leave the Student ID number field blank during the account creation process.
- Once you have created your account and successfully logged into eRezLife, you will need to complete the items in the menu on the left of the screen. First, complete your Job Profile. Please, note that Appalachian State University also uses this system for our Resident Assistant hiring process, so there are a number of questions in the profile which you are not required to complete. These are marked with "RA applicants only".
- Next, fill out the job profile extra question.
- Click on "Job Postings."
- Choose "Graduate Assistantship in Student Development." On the first page, you will see an overview, along with Adobe PDF files of the job descriptions. These are the same descriptions as those listed on this website. Click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the application questions. You will be able to rank your preferences for any positions for which you would like to be considered.
- Next, you need to upload your résumé and cover letter, along with the information for three references. Please, note that you will only upload one cover letter no matter how many positions that you may apply for, so it can be rather generic about student development.
- Submit! The priority deadline is December 1, 2016 .
- If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortly after the interview weekend, candidates will be notified of assistantship offers. Once offered, a candidate will have one week to accept or decline an offer. Additional time may be requested and given at the discretion of the hiring office. If the agreed upon timeline with the hiring office has passed, the office reserves the right to move on to the next candidate.
Application opens Sep. 1, 2017
Priority deadline is Dec. 1, 2017
James Lorello - Co-Chair
Jessica Lorello - Co-Chair
GAPP Weekend is
February 18-20, 2018!
Rm. 109, B.B. Dougherty Hall
P.O. Box 32117
439 Academy St.
Boone, NC 28608
Phone: (828) 262-2615